Wednesday, October 03, 2007

...and life goes on

Wow. It's been a while since I posted.

I didn't mean to be away for so long.

But, shit happens. All the damn time. And I just couldn't figure out how to get it off my chest. How to express myself, but not come off as just bitching about something I could change. Or can I? I don't know.

We had to move in September. And, honestly, it turned out to be a good thing. We got decent money for a house that needed major work and we could no longer afford. We paid off debts. A shit load of them. We also paid a chunk of our daughter's college tuition for the first semester. I paid two credit cards off, completely. And got caught up on others.

So, now I am in minimal debt with a little bit of money left over to spare. That's a good thing. I know, I get it.

But, I'd been in that house for 12 years. I'd been in that city/town/area since 1971. I miss knowing where things are in the local Ralphs. I liked going to the same dry cleaner/deli/pharmacy. I really didn't have any friends near by or family for that matter. Still, I miss it.

I would also have a bigger chunk of money left if I didn't believe so much in my proving to be useless husband. I try to cut him some slack, give him the benefit of the doubt. But, he does exactly what I know he will do with the money everythime I give it to him. Even with all the promises, swears, anger, tears, begging.

He does the same damn thing.

Almost everytime. Without fail.

I'm enabeling him to do it. It's my fault as much as his.

To come out on the better side of this situation, more major change may be in store.

That is just great....sigh

2 comments:

chele said...

I'm glad your back. Life does go on. One way or another.

TheBlacks said...

so you got part of it off your chest