Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Clean

Starting early
just after sunrise
Looking out of the kitchen window
feeling the suns rays shine on my face
energizes me for the day

Mop bucket, gloves, mop, broom,
dust pan, Mr Clean, good old bleach
My tools to get me through the process

Starting with the mess left in the kitchen
by the teenagers who've raided the refrigerator
after I've gone to bed the night before

But, I smile
It will be
clean very soon

Spraying down the granite counters
scrubbing the porcelain sink
sweeping in all the corners
behind the cookbook rack
under the table
nothing can be missed

On my knees with the scrubbing pad
hitting those bad spots on the tile floor
and the soda someone spilled last night
only haphazardly swiping the mess around
sticky no longer, once I am done

Cleaning out the refrigerator
dumping last weeks unused produce
cursing because of the waste
realizing not much left in there after that
grocery store, next on the to do list

Standing at the end of the kitchen
admiring the gleaming countertops, stove and floor
enjoying the clean smell in the room
I turn towards the family room/office
and groan

More cleaning to do

No comments: