Thursday, January 13, 2005

What the $%&*!

They did it to me again.

I worked my ass off. Got great banner placement for a client. And they let a white boy in a different department get the credit for the planning and placement and negotiation of soemthing I did. Me. With my contacts and my research. Me.

The first time it happend, a few months ago, I was so shocked it happened, I was speechless. So, I could only let it go.

But this morning, when the subject came up, this person was sitting behind me and the VP referred to him. Like he knew. If I hadn't nodded my head in response, the jerk behind me would never have known the start date at all. He couldn't of answered the question. But I didn't know he was there. And I just sat there. Like a fucking idiot. Never again

I am so mad I could spit. And when I go to my boss about it, she blows me off.

Just because she let's these people run over her and not appreciate her, doesn't mean it has to happen to me.

I don't know how I am going to handle this yet, but I will. And it won't be in the way any of them expect it either. I'm not going to raise my voice or stomp my feet. It will be felt much more harshly than that. I will make sure of it.

Maybe another company should get the benefit of my vast experience and expertise. Screw them and their clients.

4 comments:

Nathalie said...

Sounds like you got shafted alright.
A word of caution: don't burn any bridges, you never who you may end up working for/with later on.
It is a real small business world.
Hope everything works out for you.

Bballmom said...

Natty, you aer right, the world is really small. Especially the part of the business I am in. I learned years ago never to burn bridges, thank goodness.

Shana said...

That's crazy. . . it still amazes me that someone would just sit back and take credit for someone else's hard work. . . belive me when I say he'll get what's coming to him

Unknown said...

I was going to say exactly that! When you are not appreciated (and don't anticipate a change), sometimes you gotta initiate that change. Best wishes with that.

Visiting bwo KevinRScott... dig the blog title!