Monday, November 27, 2006

After

My daughter's surgery went well this morning. But, she's been having some problems with the Vicodin. She'd rather deal with the pain in her hand than take that medication. Can't say that I blame her.

The worst part of all of this, she will probably miss the entire basketball season and it's her senior year. She worked hard and had earned a starting position. I'm hoping she will heal enough to at least play on Senior Night which is February 12th, I think. She's a little bummed about missing this year, but plans on attending every game and many of the practices.

I'm proud of her for that. She is committed, if nothing else.

She's my baby.

One who is happily on her way to college. My prayer for her is that she gets accepted to enough schools to give herself lots to choose from.

I know the Lord has only good things in mind for her.

3 comments:

chele said...

I don't like messing with that vicodin either. I'm sure everthing will work out for your baby. I'm glad the surgery went well.

LadyLee said...

I too am glad the surgery went well... She is a real trooper to want to support her team. That's a good thing! I know it will lift her spirits, and that of the team...

CreoleInDC said...

I am soooooooo with your daughter. Vicodin is AWFUL! She's smart!

Nice to meet you...found you via Chele!