Wednesday, November 22, 2006

so it gets worse...

My daughter was referred to an orthopedic surgeon by the trainer at her school. An athletic trainer at a high school, you ask? Yes indeed.

Lucky for us the girls varsity coach is good frineds with a guy who is a trainer with the LA Galaxy soccer team. He volunteers and trains students to be athletic trainers at the daughter's school. He told me last night that he didn't like the way her hand looked and felt, so he wanted us to see this ortho. (I guess that's what all that tuition gets me, huh?)

I was able to get her an appointment for this afternoon. Well, my husband just calls to tell me she has a hairline fracture that can be repaired one of two ways:

A cast- worn for three months and the wrist may not completely heal properly

Surgery- a half hour procedure and she would be back at practice in as little as three weeks.

SURGERY!!! On my 17 year old baby. are you kidding me??!!

Of course, that is the option she wants to take. Quick, fast and in a hurry!

I'm waiting for my husband to talk to the surgeon and let me know when, where and how much.

oh yeah

happy thanksgiving

No comments: